The company has an Engineering & Delivery business unit that encompasses all development projects within HTEC and is working under the guidance of the Director of Engineering & Delivery. Engineering Leads are the key pillars of the unit, ensuring that HTEC’s technical solutions are effectively delivered, providing clear and significant value to our clients, and assuming full responsibility for the teams under their management.
Delivery & Client Relationship Management
- Managing the delivery of projects and technology solutions within predefined timelines
- Advising and encouraging best practices to deliver high-quality solutions that are viable, scalable, and modular enough to support current and future business needs
- Ensuring that the teams deliver solutions aligned with the best industry standards and architectural principles: Delight, not just Deliver!
- Managing the business relationship with clients by building trusted partnerships and understanding their business needs and challenges
- Supporting the HTEC leadership group in identifying and opening new business opportunities by participating in critical meetings, advising on project proposals, presentation, and negotiation
- Taking significant responsibility and overview for the career development of people under your management (approximately 10-15 people)
- Monitoring team satisfaction and engagement through regular one-on-one conversations and implementation of action plans for improvements
- Ensuring team scalability through people development and by setting expectations on recruitment efforts
- Training or hiring project leaders to take over some parts of project management, customer relationship, and/or delivery management
- Helping others arrive where you are now: being an excellent mentor and actively participating in the development of new Engineering Leads
- Fostering a culture of trust and leading by example
- Actively collaborating with all intercompany departments such as Talent Acquisition, HTEC Experience, Finance, Legal, etc., to ensure all processes run smoothly.
- Experience in building, managing, and leading high-performing engineering teams, preferably on multiple projects at a time and in different contexts
- Ability to work with cross-functional and distributed teams
- Technical background and extensive prior experience in software development
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical, logical, or process issues in a timely, concise, and objective manner
- Analytical mindset and attention to detail, especially in predicting and preventing potential future challenges
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated track record of developing and growing client relationships
- Ability to influence dynamic audiences and develop and maintain relationships across the organization
- Advanced oral and written English communication skills.
Your career in HTEC
The Engineering Lead role is the first role on the Engineering Management track, and from there, you can advance to Senior Engineering Lead and Engineering Manager roles while your progress is being driven by objectively measurable dimensions. As an Engineering Lead, you operate as a part of our E&D core team that has regular knowledge-sharing events and learning opportunities, as well as other available resources crafted by HTEC’s Leadership team. Additionally, one of our Engineering Managers will be there to mentor and support you through your career development.