Director of Business Development at HTEC Group is responsible for developing, securing and closing a pipeline of new logo opportunities. For new client acquisition the key role is driving outbound activity and lead qualification to close new client business.
Reports to: Global VP of Business Development
- Develop relationships with business and technology executives focused on a partnership versus software engineering vendor
- Leverage the breadth and depth of HTEC capabilities from strategy to design to product development and evolution
- Ensure the creation and execution of proactive pursuit strategies, and build "win-win" value propositions at the company and at individual levels with clients
- Leverage your own and HTEC-provided market research to identify, build a business case for and present your pursuit targets
- Leverage available tools, events, and marketing support to develop pitches, proposals, presentations, etc. for target business units or departments of existing accounts
- Lead commercial agreement focused on establishing longer term (multi-year) SOWs, built in COLA and predictable revenue visibility and growth
- Introducing and educating executives at prospect companies on HTEC Group overall capabilities and differentiated value proposition
- Leverage HTEC commercial flexibility by leveraging financial levers like duration, minimum spend, volume and partner press release incentives
- Meeting and exceeding the assigned TCV (Total Contract Value) Targets
- Closing new TCV while establishing a strong Client Gross Margin (CGM) for the initial agreement
- 6+ years of business development experience focused on driving new client TCV.
- Ability to understand the market and trends that could impacting your targeted prospects
- Ability to drive thought leadership and innovation experience with prospects
- Technology and consulting acumen with the ability to positively translate into business value
- The expertise to sell premium, not commoditized, services
- "Hunter" mentality with a proven record of success driving complex sales through a disciplined process
- Ability to multitask and prioritize across numerous prospect targets, industries and focus areas
- Collaborating with Engineering & Delivery team on new pursuits in an appropriate way, setting them up for success
- Demonstrable track record of generating deals with TCV (Total Contract Value) in excess of $1.5M-15M.
- Experience driving business growth within Fortune 500, FTSE 250 levels clients HQ’d in across Europe and US regions.
- Comfortability and experience engaging with C-level stakeholders at the business and technology level, using a consultative selling approach to maximize the customer outcomes
- An entrepreneurial drive that ensures you will be able to rally other HTEC colleagues around necessary activities and be willing to "get your hands dirty" with artifact creation